Prospect Medical and Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan provides you with health education programs, materials, and other resources that can help our members stay healthy and manage their chronic conditions.
Mandated Health Education Materials:
Providers can meet state health education requirements by giving members materials on state-mandated health education topics. Many of these materials are available in languages other than English, and are available in alternative formats (audio, braille, large print).
Please visit: Health Education Materials in State Mandated Health Topics to download and print these documents directly.
Health Education Programs:
Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan has health education programs exclusively for BSP members. Programs are offered in one or more of the following formats: in-person, telephone, and on-line (on-demand virtual Zoom classes). In addition to English, several programs are also offered in Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
Health education topics available in October, November, and December of 2023 from the following programs:
- Adult Weight Management
- Diabetes Prevention Program (through Wellvolution or members can call 1-866-692-5059)
- Diabetes Self-Management (BSP Educator Program)
- Healthy Living During the Holidays
- Hypertension Management (BSP Educator Program)
- Living Healthier Program - Self-management of Chronic Conditions
- Strengthen Your Bones (BSP Educator Program)
- Tobacco Cessation (BSP Educator Program)
- A digital platform available at no cost
- Available in English to all BSC Promise Members
- Digital whole health programs offered; adult weight management, Diabetes Prevention Program, diabetes management, tobacco/vaping cessation, behavioral health, and access to healthy recipes and exercise videos.
For instructions on how to access these health education programs and details on member participation restrictions, please download the following guide: BSP-CA Health Education Programs (DSNP LA and Promise LA).
Blue Shield California Promise also offers Population Health Management Programs for members with certain chronic conditions.
Individual telephone counseling with a Health Educator is also available. To make an appointment, please have members call the BSP Health Education Department at 1-323-827-6036. Call 1-323-827-6035 for Mandarin and Cantonese. Or have members call the Customer Care toll-free number printed on their BSC Promise member ID Card.
You will receive updates on the latest available health education programs in our Prospect Medical Provider Education bulletins faxed by the Network Management Department. If you cannot locate an appropriate class for a member, or need additional help, please submit the Health Education Class Referral to Prospect Medical’s Population Health Program.
Community Programs and Services:
Community programs and services are available at no cost to members. These programs and services go beyond health education classes and can include, but are not limited to, Domestic Violence, Parenting, Support groups, Adoption Services, Family Counseling, and more. Please visit the following Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan site and scroll down to Community programs and services for more information on programs located in Orange, Los Angeles and San Diego County.